Wild Mediterranean Timbale
Wild Mediterranean is all about blending age-old, science-new principles for a healthy gut. We know plant fibers work wonders in our gut—preferably from a diverse variety. Most of the recipes you find here use ingredients that help boost the beneficial flora in your gut.
This fall-inspired timbale recipe combines root vegetables with roasted zucchinis, ground chicken sautéed in spices like smoked paprika to really bring out the flavors.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Passive Time 20 minutes
1 medium butternut squash halved
2 large sweet potatoes
10 medium zucchini sliced lengthwise, 1/4″
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1 medium onion chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
1 pound ground chicken organic
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shredded
sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to convection roast at 375° degrees.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half and remove the seeds. Place on a large baking pan and glaze with a bit of olive oil and sea salt.
3. Wash the sweet potatoes and dry. Place next to the butternut squash on the baking sheet.
4. Roast the butternut squash and sweet potatoes for approximately 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before handling.
5. Meanwhile, slice the zucchinis 1/4″ inch thin, lengthwise, and place on a small baking sheet. Halfway through roasting squash and potato, add the zucchini for 15 minutes, flipping over to the other side at about 7 minutes.
6. While the vegetables are roasting, heat the butter over medium-high heat in a skillet and sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
7. Add the ground chicken and spice with smoked paprika and sea salt to taste. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, breaking down the ground chicken into finer bits. Cook through and set aside.
8. Once the squash and potatoes have cooled, scoop the flesh out of both and place in a food processor or blender. Season with a bit of sea salt and some olive oil. Blend until the consistency is smooth.
Assembling the Timbale
1. I use a springform pan because it’s easy! Lightly oil the pan with a bit of olive oil.
2. Begin assembling the dish with the zucchini first. Make sure the layer is even by creating a circle pattern.
3. Top the base zucchini layer with 1/2 of the pureed sweet potato and butternut squash. After the squash layer, add 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese and all of the ground chicken and spread evenly. Top with another layer of the zucchini, finalizing the layers with the puree. Top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
You can double up on the recipe and freeze for extra!