Scallops with Roasted Walnuts and Smoked Sea Salt
Smoked sea salt gives a depth of flavor you wouldn’t expect with sea scallops. Simple, clean food that’s bursting with taste. This is Wild Mediterranean cuisine!
This dish embodies Wild Mediterranean cuisine. You can replace the scallop with a white fish like sole, or even shrimp (sourced from clean waters).
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 15
12 x 12 piece parchment paper
4 jumbo scallops
1 small carrot peeled
4 small broccoli florets
1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
2 teaspoons red onion grated
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon Falksalt smoked sea salt
2 tablespoons walnuts finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees at roast setting.
2. Soak the scallops in a bowl of water to remove any sand. Drain after 10 minutes and pat dry; set aside.
3. Take the 12 x 12 parchment paper and lay out flat on a baking sheet.
4. Place the scallops flat in the middle of parchment paper; arrange the carrot and broccoli florets along the side of scallops.
5. Top the scallops with fresh ginger, red onion, and butter. Season with the smoked sea salt.
6. Scatter the walnuts around the vegetables and scallops.
7. Fold the parchment envelope over and roll the sides to seal into a package.
8. Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for a couple of minutes before opening the pouch. Enjoy!
Parchment paper convects the steam perfectly, resulting in moist fish.