Plant-Based Burger Recipe
Juicy, meatless, and colorful–enjoy this plant-based burger recipe!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 burgers
2 1/2 cups beets cubed
1 1/2 cups red quinoa cooked
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 sprouted tortilla
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 tablespoons almond meal
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
Celtic sea salt and ground pepper to taste
4 sprouted whole grain burger buns like Ezekial
For the fries
1 large sweet potato peeled
1 large yam peeled
1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
1 tablespoon cornmeal
For the dressing
1 ripe avocado
2 tablespoon cashew butter or tahini
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place the beetroot cubes on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil; bake for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
3. While the beets are roasting, prepare the quinoa according to the manufacturer’s directions.
4. Place the roasted beets in a food processor and pulse just a couple of times to keep the texture. The consistency should look grated. Place in a medium mixing bowl.
5. Toast the sprouted tortilla until firm. Pulse in a food processor until you get the consistency of bread crumbs. Add to the mixing bowl with the beets.
6. Add all the remaining ingredients to the beet mixture and combine well.
7. Shape the burgers and place them on a lined baking sheet and set aside. Prepare the fries below so the burgers can bake at the same time.
For the Fries
1. Peel and cut the potatoes in ¼-inch long slices and ¼-wide inch strips.
2. Place the sweet potato strips on a lined baking sheet, rub with olive oil; sprinkle with cornmeal and toss to combine. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Add both the fries and burgers at the same time in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes on one side, flip the burgers and fries and bake for another 15 minutes.
For the Dressing
1. While your burger patties and fries are baking, make the dressing.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix well until a smoothy-creamy consistency is formed.
3. Assembling the Burgers
4. Cut the bun in halves and spread the avocado dressing on the bottom.
5. Add the beet burger and sweet potato fries, top generously with avocado dressing.
You can add your favorite side salad recipe to this burger or double up on the avocado dressing, using it as a dip for the fries.