Pan Seared Salmon with Spartan Style Baked Tomatoes and Feta
Bright and bold flavors, beautiful produce, fresh fish and meats, an abundance of olive oil – the Mediterranean diet has long been regarded as being delicious and having exceptional health benefits, and this dish embodies that perfectly. Rich, nutritious salmon is pan-seared in coconut oil until perfectly browned and flakey. Juicy cherry tomatoes are transformed with a little bit of heat from the oven, salty feta, fresh basil, and earthy oregano. When combined, this colorful dish brings the tastes and scents of al fresco dinner along the Mediterranean sea right to your kitchen table.
1 Garlic clove
1tbsp Fresh oregano
1tbsp Fresh basil
1tbsp Fresh parsley
10oz Cherry tomatoes
3.5oz Crumbled feta cheese
2 Salmon fillets (6oz) 1
tbsp Coconut oil
1 Lemon 4oz Arugula
Preheat the oven to 400°.
– Finely chop the garlic; set aside.
– Remove and discard the stems from the oregano, basil and parsley and discard stems. Chop leaves for ONLY 1 tablespoon of each oregano, basil, and parsley.
PREP THE TOMATOES
– Cut the tomatoes in half and place in a medium bowl.
– Add feta, basil, garlic, oregano, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper to the tomatoes.
– Stir to combine and transfer to a medium baking dish.
– Bake the tomato mixture for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese has softened and tomatoes are roasted. Keep warm for serving.
– While the tomatoes are baking, go ahead and start step 4.
-Pat dry the salmon with paper towels and transfer to a plate.
– Season the salmon with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
– Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat.
– Add the salmon to the pan. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
– Remove from heat and set aside for plating.
– In a large bowl, juice the lemon and discard seeds. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and ¼ each of salt and pepper. Whisk together.
– Add arugula and toss until well coated.
– (USDA recommends cooking fish to a minimum 145°
-In the center of 2 plates, divide the arugula salad, top with salmon and the baked tomatoes and feta.
– Garnish with parsley on top.