Cauliflower Crust Mediterranean Chicken Pizza with Arugula Salad with Dried Apricot and Fresh Lemon Vinaigrette
This delicious pizza is full of surprises. While classic tomato sauce and mozzarella make an appearance, they’re met with new favorites – rich Mediterranean flavors and a crispy golden crust made with cauliflower. Yes, humble and versatile cauliflower is “riced” and mixed with fresh herbs and cheese to create a flavor-packed crust that is tasty, wholesome, and gluten-free. Layered with zesty tomato sauce, kalamata olives, shredded chicken, and melty mozzarella cheese, and then served alongside a fresh arugula and dried apricot salad – it’s a flavor bomb in every bite.
1piece Parchment paper
¼oz Fresh basil
1.4oz Kalamata olives
12oz Cauliflower florets
6oz Shredded mozzarella
2tbsp Grated parmesan
1tsp Dried oregano
1tsp Dried basil
1 Sous vide chicken(5oz)
½cup Marinara sauce
1tbsp Red wine vinegar
1 Honey cup
8 Dried apricots
¼tsp Red chili flakes
PREP THE INGREDIENTS
Preheat oven to 425°.
– Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment
paper. Spray parchment paper generously
with cooking spray. Set aside.
– Remove and discard stems from the basil.
Tear basil leaves; set aside.
– Rough chop kalamata olives; set aside.
– Fill a large sauce pot with an inch of water
and bring to a boil.
PREP THE CRUST
– To make the crust, add the cauliflower
to a food processor and pulse until finely
ground . It should resemble rice.
– Add the cauliflower to the sauce pot and
cover; let it cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.
– Transfer the cauliflower to a cheesecloth.
Wrap up the cauliflower and squeeze all the
excess moisture out.
MAKE AND BAKE THE CRUST
– Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl.
Add in the egg, ONLY ½ cup of mozzarella,
Parmesan, dried oregano, driedbasil,
1 tablespoon of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon
each of salt and pepper. Stir until well
– Spread the cauliflower mixture into
a 15-inch by 10-inch rectangle onto the
prepared rimmed sheet pan.
– Bake until golden brown – about 35 minutes.
– While the crust is baking, prepare step 4.
TOP IT OFF
– Pat dry chicken with paper towels and
transfer to a large bowl. With two forks,
finely shred the chicken. Set aside.
– Carefully remove from the cauliflower
crust from the oven. Top the crust with
a layer of marinara sauce. Then evenly
sprinkle the remaining mozzarella, olives,
– Bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes until
PREP THE SALAD
In another large bowl, juice ONLY 1
tablespoon of lemon and remove seeds. Add
red wine vinegar, honey, 2 tablespoons
of olive oil and a pinch each of salt and
pepper. Whisk until well incorporated.
– Thinly slice apricots into strips. Add
apricots and arugula to the large bowl.
Gently toss and set aside.
SERVE AND ENJOY
– Top the pizza with fresh basil and red
– Cut the pizza into 6 pieces and serve with
the salad on the side.